Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A bit of a scare

My scrappin partner, Leo, has feline leukemia. He had been itching over the past month, to the point of being obsessive. I did not know if this was a sign of the leukima acting up. I had had to change his kitty litter as the company had stopped making what I was using. UGH!!!!!!!! I hate it when a company does that. They had a new and improved variety, which I tried. BAD IDEA! He refused to use the box, only when necessary (I have 2 litter boxes for him). He would only use the box that still had the old variety of litter in it. I gave him 2 weeks, then went to an unscented litter. Well, according to the vet, he was having an allergic reaction. He was given an anti-inflamatory injection, put on antibiodics and hopefully, in a day or two, the scratching will stop all together. Thank goodness, the vet says he is in good shape, a beautiful cat and weighed in at 10 1/2 pounds. He is my baby.

Don't you just hate it when you absolutely love a product and then the company stops making it, but comes out with a new and "improved" variety, which ends up not being as good as the old one!!!

No comments: