Monday, July 12, 2010

CSA July 10, 2010

This week the CSA was what I expected for each week.  I had so much I was actually able to share with my youngest daughter.  The bag contained a pint of blueberries, 1/2 pint of raspberries, 8 ears of corn, 2 yellow squash, 2 zuchinni, 2 cukes, 4 pickle cukes, about a pound of green beans,  romaine lettuce, mint, and tons of rhubarb.  CSA produce is picked on Friday afternoons.  I pick up on Sat. mornings. The one thing I don't like is how they bring the bags out from the cold storage on Sat. morning and the bags just sit in the hotness on the floor waiting for the CSA members to pick them up.  Most times the herbs and lettuce are badly wilted and I just end up throwing the lettuce away.  This week was week 4 of my CSA and as I've not been at all happy with past weeks, this week was plentyful.  The picture IS NOT of my CSA, but one from Google Images.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Sounds like a good supply of fresh produce. What does CSA stand for?

Lee said...

Gloria, CSA = Community Supported Argiculture. Basically what it is, is this. I paid a fee of $450 in January to buy a full share of produce from the Connor's Farm field. Each gardner pays the fee and the money helps the farmer to buy seeds, etc. for that year's crop. When the crop grows, I get a "share" of the week's produce from his field. Goodle this, it is quite interesting.