Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mister Lucky - FFO

OK, so if there is one sentimental favorite in the garden, it has to be this one, called Mister Lucky.  It is a Fiery red bloom with darker red eyezone. Yellow throat.  As I told all of you last year, we had an old cat we rescued from the streets at an older age, had no idea how old he was at the time, but probably 11 or 12.  We called him Lucky or Mr. Photogenic.  Here is a picture of him that is my favorite.  Look at those eyes, I'm sure there is a lot of stories in those eyes.  He was already neutered, had had dental work and at some point had surgery to fix his tail, it was bobbed.  He was loved by us very much:



He died on August 5, 2010 and in his honor, my daughter purchased this daylily based solely on the name: Mister Lucky.  To all our surpirse, this daylily is also very pretty and I was able to collect seeds from it last year.  Still have them in my freezer.  So, here are the pictures of the flower Mister Lucky:




No comments: