Saturday, July 16, 2011

Someone asked me why do I keep showing the same flower over and over

Just for those of you who take the time to read my blog.  Each daylily sends up a new flower each day, the flowers only live for one day then they die, to have another flower open on each day.  Each flower you see on this blog is a DIFFERENT flower bloom, some days there are over 112 new flowers in bloom, impossible to show every one, but I pick out the ones that catch my eye, rather for the beauty or for a flaw in the flower.  Yes, I do show flawed flowers!  I enjoy sharing the pictures with each of you, but the real reason for this blog is to memorialize the flowers for reference from year to year in our community garden.  If I have a question about did a particular daylily or flower consistently bloom, all I need do is look back at the blog for living proof of "yes this daylily or flower stays, or it goes".

                                                                        Seminole Blood

No comments: