Thursday, September 13, 2007

Poor Leo - sick again


My poor Leo. He has been so lethargic and eating very little for the past week. He still was using the cat box with regular deposits, but he didn't follow me everywhere or greet me at the door or care to come visit with anyone who came into the house. This was so out of character for him. As you all know, he has feline leukemia and with his actions, I had him dead and buried. My daughter took him to the vets for me yesterday (she told me I was over-reacting) and I had all kinds of blood tests done, everything is normal. So, the feline leukemia is NOT rearing it's ugly head. He was running a fever so he was given a shot of antibiotics and given a Vitamin B-12 shot to perk his appetite. The vet checked his mouth, felt his stomach, said everything looked quite normal, just a fever. I guess the feline leukemia cats tend to do this. So, Leo is on more antibiotics by mouth and more pills to help with his appetite. I don't know if I'm going to give him the appetite pills. I guess I feel that if he is feeling better, he will eat. I just hate giving medicine to the cat if he doesn't need it. I sure am hoping to see an improvement in him soon. If you've read this post this far, you must be a cat lover too.

7 comments:

mnhyrkas said...

Sounds like a good idea to hold off on the appetite medicine. Then you'll be able to tell when he's feeling better. Unless he's losing lots of weight or something, then you'd want him eating to keep his strength up. Hope Leo is feeling better soon.

Ijsbeer said...

Hope he gets better soon!

Card Creativity said...

So glad that leo's going to be fine. My orange kitty was like that too 6 months ago. we caught it in time and he's doing good. never knew what got him sick. give him a extra hug for me!
Julie

Anonymous said...

Lee,
I sure hope that Leo is feeling much better after his meds from the vet. He will be his old self in no time. :)

Linda

Samm said...

Sending lots of {{{purrs}}} to him from my 6!

Samm
x

Lee said...

I want to thank everyone for your kind words to me about my Leo. He has lost a pound, which is a lot for a cat and tonight he did not want to eat. I just don't see any change in him yet.

Linda SS said...

Best wishes to beautiful Leo.